Monday, April 18, 2011

Pure Magic

27 hours, 11 minutes ago, I saw my daughter rush, head first, into the world as we know it.
Within about 5 minutes of that, I was holding her, gazing into those beautiful dark blue eyes, and crying like a... well, like a baby.
I'd never actually seen a live birth before. Frankly, I might never have believed anyone who might have tried to tell me it's a beautiful thing. I am a believer now.
Beth's delivery was quick and free of complications. 2 pushes was all she took!

And so it begins...
I began this post about 11 hours ago, and am just now able to get back to it. Although, to be fair, it isn't really Clara's, or anyone's fault. Except the hospital's...
Beth decided she could be exhausted and in pain at home just as easily as at the hospital. That was about 10:30 this morning. We finally rolled out around 3:30 this afternoon.

Ok, so we're pretty much exhausted already. Beth has gotten less sleep than I have, and Miss Clara has slept more than I would have ever imagined. (She continues to do so even now.)
But one thing is certain: Clara is pure magic. Perfect. Beautiful. Nothing prepared me for that.
I knew she was gonna be beautiful - just look at her mama! But to say I'm smitten barely scratches the surface.

More to come, with a few more pics...
Hope you all are well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment