Wednesday, June 8, 2011

53 Days old today!

Hello, all.
Apologies for the 52 day delay...
Miss Clara is 53 days old today.
What a blur it's been!
We've had visitors from afar, I got divorced, trips to the zoo, a trip to Fort Atkinson State Park in Fort Calhoun, Laurentzen Gardens, visits to Grandma South, a trip to Des Moines, Lincoln (sans Clara,) and likely some I've forgotten.
We've had sleepless nights, poopy diapers, significant hearing loss from intimate ear screaming, lots of smiles, and now she's even starting to giggle a little bit.
She's almost grown out of her newborn clothes (some she has.) When we brought her home, nearly every article of clothing we had for her was too big! She's growing bigger, and stronger, and faster. She can even stand - if I keep her from falling over. :-)
It can be frustrating. Nearly overwhelmingly frustrating. Some of you may know (all too well) that patience has never exactly been my forte.
But when I see my baby girl smile, it all melts away. Like a cheesy commercial for Calgon or something.
Make no mistake: She is the apple of my eye. I still get a little teary-eyed when I listen to Stevie Wonder's song, "Isn't She Lovely," which is a song about his own daughter. If you haven't heard it in a while, I strongly suggest you pony up the 99 cents from your favorite purveyor of online music and give it a listen. Or a hundred.
So, without further ado, here's some newer pics. And a loose promise to update this here blog a little more often...




No comments:

Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment